AHA 2021: Late-breaking Science Video Collection
Published: 12 November 2021
SMART-CRT: Effects of AV Optimization on CRT Outcomes
- Population Strategies for the Management of Hypertension
- ROSE: CETPi Lowers LDL-C in Patients Taking High Intensity Statins
- AXIOMATIC-TKR: Patients Treated with Milvexian Show Reduced Rate of Venous Thromboembolism
- EAST-AFNET 4: Early Rhythm Control Was Consistent in AF Patterns
- EMPEROR-Preserved: Empagliflozin, Health Status, & QoL in Patients With HFp
- AHA 2021: Evaluating the Benefit of Concomitant TV Repair During Mitral Valve Surgery
- SGLT2 is Associated with Reduction in Atrial-Arrythmic Events
- SMART-CRT: Effects of AV Optimization on CRT Outcomes
- AVATAR: Aortic Valve Replacement Vs Watchful Waiting in Asymptomatic Severe AS
- EMPATROPISM FE: Effects of Empagliflozin on iron metabolism in non-diabetic HF patients
- SPIRIT-HCM: Quality of Life After SM in Obstructive Patients With HCM
Our regular review series View from the Thoraxcenter hosted by Prof Nicolas Van Mieghem and Dr Joost Daemen provide a concise and insightful preview of the late-breaking science presented at AHA Scientific Sessions 2021.
For a deep-dive, watch Dr Harriette Van Spall's Late-breaking Discussion series on highly expected trials with principal investigators.
Short, accessible Expert Interviews will be available conducted with select faculty focusing on the results, applicability, and impact on future research.
More from this programme
Late-breaker Discussion Series
View from the Thoraxcenter: Preview of the Late-Breaking Trials
Michael R Gold
Dr Gold received a PhD in Physiology from the University of Virginia and an MD degree from the University of Colorado. His postgraduate medical training and fellowships in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Electrophysiology were at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Immediately following, he joined the faculty of University of Maryland where he was the director of the cardiac EP service and Professor of medicine in the Department of Medicine. In 2002, Dr. Gold moved to Charleston, SC where he assumed the role of Chief of Cardiology and Medical Director of the Heart & Vascular Center at the Medical University of South Carolina. He subsequently was appointed as an Associate Dean of Interdisciplinary Clinical programs. Presently, he is the Michael…